Starting in Spring 2019, we have made a few changes to the coach application process in order to protect you and the club as a whole as well as to help become better coaches and mentors. Please complete the steps below before March 5.
The TYLA recognizes that this is a process and we appreciate your cooperation with getting it done in a timely matter. To show our appreciation for your dedication to coaching our kids, we will be offering a discount on registration of your children once your registration is complete. If you’ve already registered your kids, we can issue a refund once your application is complete.
- Register with US Lacrosse as a COACH to get a valid US Lacrosse Number
Registering with US Lacrosse and completing their subsequent background check is a requirement to coach in Colorado. The cost is $55 to get your US Lacrosse Number (which includes the background check). This membership also provides you with Liability Insurance along with other benefits and coaching resources.
- Follow the link emailed to you from US Lacrosse to complete your background check. This must be done within 10 days of registering with US Lacrosse but we ask that you do it immediately so we can finalize your application before the season begins.
- Take the free Heads Up Concussion Training Course. Download the certificate which will be needed for step 4. If you coached another sport this year and have taken this course. You may upload that certificate.
- Complete the SafeSport Training:
The online training is being coordinated through a partnership with the U.S. Center for SafeSport, and is offered free of charge to all US Lacrosse adult members. The online training is the latest expansion of the national governing body’s SafeSport Program, and follows last October’s implementation of mandatory background screenings for all adult coach members. Adult members with an active USL membership can take the training by using the MyAccount feature on uslacrosse.org.
- Fill in the application on the Telluride Lacrosse website. Upload the Concussion and Safe Sport Training certificates when asked.
- Take the Positive Coaches Alliance Course (Free). Link will be provided via email after registering on this site. Use the voucher code provided to cover the costs of the course.
Once registered and approved, coaches will be given access to message their team via MailChimp.com